There’s nothing like the feeling of coming home to a clean house. The professionals have mopped, scrubbed, and dusted, and your home smells great and looks beautiful.
But they won’t be back for a couple of weeks. So how do you keep your house looking great in-between visits? Here are some tips to keep your home looking pristine. You’ll also make it easier for your maid to do their real job – clean.
- Take your shoes off when you get home. Keep a pair of slippers or shoes you wear just inside the house within easy reach of the front and back doors. Your floors will stay much cleaner if you don’t track in dust, dirt, grass and who knows what else. Your floor will stay looking good and they’ll be easier for the service to clean.
- Wipe up spills when they happen. Grease splash in the kitchen? Someone spilled something? Wipe it up immediately. The same goes for the floor.
- Keep kitchen and bathroom surfaces clean. Wipe down counters, clean the stove after every time you use it and keep the bathroom counter clean and clutter-free.
Pro tip: Add nylon mesh to the top of your drains or buy drain hair catchers for your bathroom drains. This will make hair easy to get rid of, and keep it from going down your drain and creating clogs.
- Pick up your stuff. When your cleaner does come, they need to devote their time to actual cleaning rather than picking up after you. Remember to pick up and put in their proper place things like mail, clothes, shoes, toys, etc.
- Sweep your floors every day. Use a broom, dust mop or other dry floor cleaner on your hard floors to clean up dust and any other debris.
- Invest in some storage bins. You’re picking up your stuff, but where are you putting it? Storage bins can be an attractive way to keep things looking neat and tidy while keeping things organized.
- Pile up your laundry. You’re wasting valuable cleaning time by making your cleaner go all through the house to find all the dirty clothes and towels. Make a single pile or better yet, put all dirty clothes in a hamper. If you have items that require hand washing or special care, separate those from the rest of your washing.
- Don’t forget the refrigerator. Keep it smelling fresh by tossing out old food and adding a box of baking soda to absorb odors.
Pro tip: Put small strips of orange or lemon peels down your garbage disposal with a few cubes of ice. You’ll not only sharpen the blades, but make your kitchen smell better.
- To stay organized, make task lists. Go through each room and list what chores need to be performed in each. This will not only help you spend less time making sure each room stays clean. It will also serve as a list for your cleaner. If you have a family, divide up tasks so everyone does their part.
- Clean up pet hair. If you have a dog or cat (or several), you know how quickly pet fur can get out of control. Use a dust mop or other type of manual sweeper and keep fur off the floors and use a lint brush to remove fur from furniture.
- If time is tight, focus on the main rooms. It’s likely that visitors will stay in the living room, dining room and / or kitchen, and visit the guest bathroom. If you don’t have a lot of time, focus on those areas where you’ll spend time. Close the doors to other rooms, and if your guest gets snoopy, they deserve what they get!
Keeping things neat, clean and tidy before your house cleaner arrives means they spend the majority of their time cleaning, rather than organizing your house. And keeping things in their proper place rather than scattered around means things won’t get lost or put somewhere they don’t belong and where you can’t find them.
Bliss Maid Service Keeps Your Home Looking Its Best
Love a clean home but have too much to do? Or maybe deep cleaning isn’t your thing. Spend more time doing the things you love and less time with a broom!
- Get ready for winter and the holidays with a one-time cleaning.
- Or schedule our dependable cleaners to come weekly, monthly, bi-monthly or on your schedule.
- We clean based on your needs, matching every home with the right cleaners.
- And every person on our team undergoes a background check and is insured, bonded, trained and certified so you can have complete confidence and peace of mind.
It can be stressful when you have to juggle family, work and cleaning—especially around the holidays. At Bliss Maid Services, we have helped thousands of families spend more time together while enjoying a clean home.
Call or text us at (918) 779-9171, or fill out this easy form and get a quote today.